Your smile gaps harm your self-esteem and oral health. At Bolingbrook Dental Care, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Fatima Quadri offer cutting edge solutions: single-tooth implants or implant-supported bridges or dentures. Learn here how dental implants can help you regain a great smile.
What tooth loss does
When you lose a tooth due to accident, decay, gum disease or other circumstance, the effects are widespread. Losing just one tooth adversely impacts your:
- Personal appearance and self-confidence (tooth loss causes an aged appearance due to bone recession and sagging of skin and facial muscles)
- Jaw bone size (density, width and height of the alveolar ridge which holds tooth roots)
- Position and strength of teeth adjoining the gap
- Ability to digest food properly (due to poor chewing and consumption of softer, less nutritious foods, says the National Center for Biotechnology Information)
As such, the professionals at Bolingbrook Dental Care recommend tooth replacement with dental implants as soon as possible after tooth loss.
The implant treatment
You'll undergo a complete oral examination, including an analysis of your jaw bone suitability, to determine if you're a candidate. The vast majority of patients can receive implants.
Regarding the single-tooth dental implant, the oral surgery happens right at Bolingbrook Dental Care. It involves local anesthetic and a relatively quick insertion of the titanium implant (shaped like a screw or cylinder) into the jaw bone underneath the gums. Sutures close the site, and it begins to heal.
As the bone heals, it adheres to the implant. Titanium is a bone-loving metal, and the bond created is sure and permanent. Dentists call the bonding process osseointegration.
Unique to dental implants and no other dental prosthetic, osseointegration takes weeks to complete. At your next appointment, the dentist will re-open the implant site to bond a metal post and porcelain crown onto the implant.
With your single-tooth implant or implant-supported bridge or denture, your jaw bone will strengthen every time you bite and chew. You'll brush and floss your new tooth just as you do your natural teeth. (You won't have to use messy denture adhesives or keep your teeth in a bedside cup.)
You'll speak clearly, eat efficiently and best of all, enjoy a natural-looking, beautiful smile for years. The Institute for Dental Implant Awareness says that most implants last for decades--in other words, for the rest of your life.
For more information on today's best tooth replacement and how it can uniquely help you, call Bolingbrook Dental Care for a dental implant consultation. We are open Monday through Saturday. Phone our office in Bolingbrook, IL, (630) 739-5500.
There are several specialties within the field of dentistry, and oral surgery is one such example. At Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, .IL, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Fatima Quadri routinely perform oral surgery or refer patients to specialists. A few of the various types of oral surgery are discussed in this post.
One of the most common oral surgery procedures is extraction, commonly known as pulling teeth. Although tooth extraction is less prevalent than it was in decades past, it continues to be a solution when other restorative procedures aren't possible, such as after a severe accident or breakage from advanced decay. Some of your Bolingbrook dentist's patients who require orthodontics will need to have specific teeth extracted in order to make space for the shift in alignment. The large molars known as wisdom teeth, located in the far corners of the jaw, may also need to be removed in order to prevent infection or other dental problems from developing.
Dental implant placement
In order to secure your dental implant, a metal post must be placed during a brief oral surgery procedure. Your Bolingbrook dentist will make an indentation in your jawbone where the implant's post will go; it will take a few months before the bone regenerates around the post to anchor it in place. Most patients, especially those who are nervous about the prospect of oral surgery, are surprised at the ease of the procedure and the resulting healing.
If the face or jaw has sustained trauma from a car wreck or other accident, reconstructive surgery may be needed in order to restore proper function and appearance. People with jaw-related issues, such as TMJ, may also need to have corrective surgery if conservative methods do not bring relief.
For all of your dental needs, the team of dentists at Bolingbrook Dental Care is here for you. Contact our office in Bolingbrook, IL, for an appointment today!
Oral surgery is any procedure that helps treat infections, relieve pain, restore function, or improve an individual's appearance.
Oral Surgery Procedures with your Bolingbrook, IL, Doctor
- Dental Implants: People suffering from tooth loss may opt for dental implants. The advantages of dental implants are they prevent deterioration of your bones by providing support, they have a high success rate, 95 percent, compared to other dental restorations, and can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Jaw Correction: Protruding chins, crooked, buck teeth, or misaligned teeth are good candidates for maxillofacial surgery. Your Bolingbrook doctor realizes that not everyone's jaws grow at the same rate (one comes in larger than the other). Jaw surgery moves jaws into their proper place and corrects upper facial feature problems. Your doctor may insert small fixation screws, or plates, to correct the alignment issues.
- Extraction: You need a tooth extraction due to trauma and/or overcrowdedness, among many reasons. It's a simple in-office procedure where your dentist will examine the severity of the situation, extract the tooth, or whatever is left of the natural tooth and stitch the extraction area. An anesthetic will be administered before your procedure to numb your mouth, so no need to worry about pain.
Denture Fatigue: Patients who have worn dentures for a prolonged period of time, may start experiencing gum and bone tissue. This occurs due to wear and tear over time. In some cases, jaw correction surgery, mentioned above, may be necessary. You may also need bone grafts, soft-tissue manipulation and jaw realignment.
Your doctors Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Fatima Quadri can help with common oral surgery and jaw surgery. For more information on the various types of oral surgeries your Bolingbrook, IL, dentists can provide, just call (630) 739-5500.
Missing teeth can cause various issues, both with your teeth and the level of self-confidence you feel about your appearance. In the past, filling in the gaps in your smile would mean sacrificing healthy teeth to hold a bridge or wearing a denture. Luckily, you can now replace one or more missing teeth with a standalone dental restoration called a dental implant. Read below to learn more about implant dentistry, and if you are interested in the procedure, please contact Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Fatima Quadri at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL.
How does a dental implant work?
Implant dentistry takes advantage of the body’s natural healing abilities and places the implant directly into the jawbone below a missing tooth. As the implant site heals, the bone grows around it, anchoring it naturally into place, and allowing it to become a permanent part of your smile. After the healing process, which takes several months, your dentist will reopen the implant site to attach the prosthetic tooth to the implant, completing the process and filling in your gap.
Types of Dental Implants
Dental implants do not require the help of other teeth to stay in place, making them a truly versatile porcelain restoration.
- Single Tooth Implants: Single tooth implants stand alone and replace a single missing tooth. Unlike a traditional dental bridge, single tooth implants do not require the surrounding healthy teeth to help them remain in place.
- Multiple Tooth Implants: Multiple tooth implants replace several teeth at once, using a prosthetic similar to a dental bridge with two or more replacement teeth held in place with implants on either side.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Traditional dentures use gravity or suction to stay in place, making them susceptible to falling out or shifting while eating or speaking. Implant-supported dentures remain permanently anchored into the mouth, eliminating this problem and giving you a natural-looking tooth replacement solution.
Implant Dentistry in Bolingbrook, IL
If you are considering dental implants to replace your missing teeth, a consultation with your dentist can help you decide that this is your best treatment option. For more information on dental implants, please contact Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Fatima Quadri at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL. Call (630) 739-5500 to schedule an appointment with your dentist today!
Are braces the right choice for you? Braces offer several benefits beyond the improvement in your appearance. Bolingbrook, IL, dentists Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff and Dr. Fatima Quadri of Bolingbrook Dental Care help you care for your smile with a variety of dental services and treatments.
Advantages of orthodontic treatment
An improved smile is the most obvious benefit of wearing braces. Orthodontic treatment in your Bolingbrook dentist's office straightens crooked teeth, enhancing your smile and improving your confidence level. Although the cosmetic change to your smile is important, braces offer a few other benefits you may not have considered, such as:
- Fewer Cavities: It can be difficult or impossible to remove plaque from overlapping teeth. Unfortunately, the longer the cavity-causing film remains on your teeth, the greater the chance of tooth decay. Braces eliminate overlapping areas, making it much easier to remove plaque when you brush and floss.
- Reduced Risk of Other Dental Problems: Crooked teeth or a bad bite can lead to other dental problems. If your teeth don't fit together perfectly when you chew, they may cut your lips or gums when you eat. A bite problem can also cause cracks or fractures due to increased stress, erode your tooth enamel or cause receding gums. Enamel erosion can make your teeth look yellow and also increase your risk of cavities. Braces correct common bite problems and help you avoid the consequences of misaligned teeth.
- Clearer Speech: You use your teeth, lips, and tongue when you pronounce words. If your bite is misaligned, it can be hard to speak clearly.
- Better Biting: Your bite problem can make it difficult to tear, grind, and chew foods easily. If your problem is severe, you may even avoid certain types of food, which may lead to nutritional deficiencies. Luckily, braces will correct your bite and make mealtime much more enjoyable.
Improve your appearance and your oral health with braces! Call Bolingbrook, IL, dentists Drs. Rani Seeth, Alina Huff, and Fatima Quadri of Bolingbrook Dental Care at (630) 739-5500 to schedule an appointment
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.