Posts for tag: Dental Implants
Dental implants are the most innovative and successful tooth replacements available today. At Bolingbrook Dental Care, Drs. Seeth, Huff and Singh offer them to patients who need to rebuild their smiles after tooth loss. Learn how they might help you.
FAQs about dental implants from Bolingbrook Dental Care
What is a dental implant, and how is it different from a traditional bridge or partial?
A dental implant is a complete tooth replacement--from root to crown. Its titanium screw or cylinder resides right in the jaw. Because human bone adheres to titanium through osseointegration, the bond between implant and jaw is very hard to break.
Regarding traditional tooth replacements, no such bond exists. Instead, the prosthetic rests on the gums and cannot improve the jaw bone's size and density as a dental implant can.
Who can receive dental implants from Bolingbrook Dental Care?
If your oral and overall health is good, you probably can. Your dentist will evaluate your teeth and gums and look at your jaw bone with x-rays. If your bone is thin, Dr. Huff, Sing, or Seeth can augment it with special donor bone or other materials.
When can I use my new tooth?
A dental implant has three parts: the implant itself, a metal abutment and a porcelain crown. The implant site must heal fully before the dentist attaches the abutment and crown. Typically, osseointegration takes several weeks to months.
Are dental implants hard to care for?
No, they aren't. Brush and floss carefully every day, and see your dentist every six months for a cleaning and check-up. Good oral hygiene practices keep implant sites healthy, avoiding an infection called peri-implantitis.
Can implants support dentures?
Yes, they can. Full dentures usually rest on four to six implant devices.
Your wonderful smile
Dental implants from Bolingbrook Dental Care can restore it to you. Please call the office to arrange a consultation with Dr. Singh, Huff or Seeth. They'll fill you in on all the details. Phone (630) 739-5500.
Your smile gaps harm your self-esteem and oral health. At Bolingbrook Dental Care, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Fatima Quadri offer cutting edge solutions: single-tooth implants or implant-supported bridges or dentures. Learn here how dental implants can help you regain a great smile.
What tooth loss does
When you lose a tooth due to accident, decay, gum disease or other circumstance, the effects are widespread. Losing just one tooth adversely impacts your:
- Personal appearance and self-confidence (tooth loss causes an aged appearance due to bone recession and sagging of skin and facial muscles)
- Jaw bone size (density, width and height of the alveolar ridge which holds tooth roots)
- Position and strength of teeth adjoining the gap
- Ability to digest food properly (due to poor chewing and consumption of softer, less nutritious foods, says the National Center for Biotechnology Information)
As such, the professionals at Bolingbrook Dental Care recommend tooth replacement with dental implants as soon as possible after tooth loss.
The implant treatment
You'll undergo a complete oral examination, including an analysis of your jaw bone suitability, to determine if you're a candidate. The vast majority of patients can receive implants.
Regarding the single-tooth dental implant, the oral surgery happens right at Bolingbrook Dental Care. It involves local anesthetic and a relatively quick insertion of the titanium implant (shaped like a screw or cylinder) into the jaw bone underneath the gums. Sutures close the site, and it begins to heal.
As the bone heals, it adheres to the implant. Titanium is a bone-loving metal, and the bond created is sure and permanent. Dentists call the bonding process osseointegration.
Unique to dental implants and no other dental prosthetic, osseointegration takes weeks to complete. At your next appointment, the dentist will re-open the implant site to bond a metal post and porcelain crown onto the implant.
With your single-tooth implant or implant-supported bridge or denture, your jaw bone will strengthen every time you bite and chew. You'll brush and floss your new tooth just as you do your natural teeth. (You won't have to use messy denture adhesives or keep your teeth in a bedside cup.)
You'll speak clearly, eat efficiently and best of all, enjoy a natural-looking, beautiful smile for years. The Institute for Dental Implant Awareness says that most implants last for decades--in other words, for the rest of your life.
For more information on today's best tooth replacement and how it can uniquely help you, call Bolingbrook Dental Care for a dental implant consultation. We are open Monday through Saturday. Phone our office in Bolingbrook, IL, (630) 739-5500.
Missing teeth can cause various issues, both with your teeth and the level of self-confidence you feel about your appearance. In the past, filling in the gaps in your smile would mean sacrificing healthy teeth to hold a bridge or wearing a denture. Luckily, you can now replace one or more missing teeth with a standalone dental restoration called a dental implant. Read below to learn more about implant dentistry, and if you are interested in the procedure, please contact Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Fatima Quadri at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL.
How does a dental implant work?
Implant dentistry takes advantage of the body’s natural healing abilities and places the implant directly into the jawbone below a missing tooth. As the implant site heals, the bone grows around it, anchoring it naturally into place, and allowing it to become a permanent part of your smile. After the healing process, which takes several months, your dentist will reopen the implant site to attach the prosthetic tooth to the implant, completing the process and filling in your gap.
Types of Dental Implants
Dental implants do not require the help of other teeth to stay in place, making them a truly versatile porcelain restoration.
- Single Tooth Implants: Single tooth implants stand alone and replace a single missing tooth. Unlike a traditional dental bridge, single tooth implants do not require the surrounding healthy teeth to help them remain in place.
- Multiple Tooth Implants: Multiple tooth implants replace several teeth at once, using a prosthetic similar to a dental bridge with two or more replacement teeth held in place with implants on either side.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Traditional dentures use gravity or suction to stay in place, making them susceptible to falling out or shifting while eating or speaking. Implant-supported dentures remain permanently anchored into the mouth, eliminating this problem and giving you a natural-looking tooth replacement solution.
Implant Dentistry in Bolingbrook, IL
If you are considering dental implants to replace your missing teeth, a consultation with your dentist can help you decide that this is your best treatment option. For more information on dental implants, please contact Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Fatima Quadri at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL. Call (630) 739-5500 to schedule an appointment with your dentist today!
If you lose a tooth or two, what's the difference? Frankly, your smile experiences a big difference as teeth drift to fill the gap and as bone and gum tissue recedes. That's why you should explore today's most efficient, long-lasting and realistic tooth replacement: the dental implant. Placed by your caring team at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL, dental implants close those unattractive and unhealthy smile gaps, solving your tooth loss problem.
The story of dental implants
Dental implants have gained tremendous favor and popularity over the last thirty years. In fact, the American Academy of Implant Dentistry says that both dentists and patients recognize that implants closely resemble real teeth.
How can this be? The answer lies in the natural affinity human bone has for the metal titanium, the main component of the dental implant. Inserted into the jaw during an in-office procedure, the titanium implant and the jaw bone immediately start adhering to each other through a process called osseointegration. It creates an exceptionally strong bond between the jaw and the artificial tooth.
Are dental implants right for you?
They work well for many people as long as their oral health and bone density are good. To check yours, your Bolingbrook dentist will inspect your teeth and gums and take digital X-rays and other imaging. Then, the procedure can begin.
Most implant treatments require only local anesthetic to numb the area. Next, the dentist opens the gums and creates a small opening in the bone. She then inserts the titanium implant screw and sutures the area closed.
As the implant site heals, the bond between the device and the bone strengthens. Sufficient healing time is critical to success; so your dentist allows for adequate osseointegration.
When you return to Bolingbrook Dental Care, your doctor will re-open the site and attach a metal alloy extension post (abutment) and customized porcelain crown to the implant. Then, your procedure is complete.
Most research statistics show that dental implants succeed and stay in place more than 90 percent of the time. The biggest threat to longevity is poor oral hygiene; so if you receive one or more dental implants, or if your dentist recommends implant-supported dentures or bridgework, dedicate yourself to keeping implant sites clean.
Your hygienist will show you the best way to clean your prosthetics, but of course, basic rules apply:
- Brush twice daily.
- Floss around your implants once a day to remove plaque.
- Visit Bolingbrook Dental Care every six months for a professional cleaning and examination.
- Stop smoking.
A complete smile
It can be yours with dental implants from Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL. For your one-on-one consultation with one of our four outstanding dentists, call the office at (630) 739-5500.
Digging into tooth replacement options for your missing tooth or teeth may seem difficult or confusing. However, with dental implants, you can replace your teeth permanently and restore your smile to what it was before your missing teeth. Find out more about dental implants with your dentist at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL.
Facts About Dental Implants
- Dental implants are permanent. Thanks to their design, dental implants integrate permanently into the bone in which they are placed. Successful and permanent integration is crucial in providing a strong foundation for the replacement tooth. While the replacement tooth may need maintenance over the years, the implant itself will last a lifetime.
- Dental implants help restore your smile aesthetically and functionally. One of the most obvious benefits of dental implants is the full, gap-free smile they provide. However, they also restore the biting surface of a tooth which, in some cases, can help relieve the symptoms of conditions like TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder. Implants can also help reverse the side effects of missing teeth like sagging facial skin. Implants also provide the stimulation the jawbone requires to stay healthy and prevent bone atrophy.
- Dental implants are versatile. Dental implants can replace one, many, or all of your teeth. However, an implant for every tooth is not always necessary. For example, replacing all of your teeth requires the help of only four to six implants which hold an implant-supported denture in place. Replacing three teeth in a row requires only two implants on either side to anchor down the bridge.
- Dental implants are a natural-looking tooth replacement option. A dental laboratory customizes each replacement tooth which will eventually cover your dental implant. The lab also takes the restoration’s color into account, carefully matching it to your natural teeth. This ensures a natural look which will blend in with your smile flawlessly. Your implants will feel, function and look just like natural teeth.
Getting Dental Implants in Bolingbrook
For more information on dental implants, please contact Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, Dr. Avanti Sanghavi and Dr. Tabasam Akbar, at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL. Call (630) 739-5500 to schedule your consultation for dental implants today!