Posts for tag: Braces
Orthodontic braces come in many shapes and styles. At Bolingbrook Dental Care, our dentists, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Prabha Singh and Dr. Manju Suresh, evaluate children, teens and yes, adults in the Bolingbrook, IL, area for orthodontia to improve smile aesthetics, oral function and dental health.
Your teeth, gums and jaw
They work together to create your facial appearance and allow you to speak, bite and chew. Regrettably, some people have crooked, gapped smiles, poor dental bite (malocclusion) and misaligned jaws that impact the health of their teeth and gums.
That's where braces come in. The American Association of Orthodontists says the optimal age for orthodontic correction is when the jaw and supporting tissue is most pliable--between ages seven and 14.
However, even adults can pursue well-aligned, attractive smiles with our talented team in Bolingbrook. We offer all kinds of modern braces, including metal, ceramic and lingual (tongue-side) braces. Plus, we cater to our very young patients with space maintainers and palatal expanders which leverage the fluidity of their jaws.
Problems treated by braces
Your evaluation at Bolingbrook Dental Care will pinpoint your smile alignment issues. Your dentist will customize a treatment plan to create the perfect--and perfectly healthy--smile.
Straight teeth really are easier to brush and floss, harboring far less plaque and tartar and avoiding tooth decay and gum disease. Also, proper dental bite and jaw function help eliminate the ear pain, migraine headaches, teeth clenching and enamel wear which result from crooked smiles. Even sleep apnea may improve when you correct dental alignment.
Also, treatment with dental braces avoids:
- Mouth trauma from a fall or sports injury (protruding front teeth put you at risk for oral lacerations and tooth fracture)
- Enamel chipping
- Speech problems
- Inability to close the lips completely
- Facial asymmetry
- Poor biting and chewing
Contact us about braces
At Bolingbrook Dental Care, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Prabha Singh and Dr. Manju Suresh value their patients' oral health and overall well-being. As such, they deliver orthodontic consultations in their Bolingbrook, IL, office. Also, they offer special pricing on full sets of braces.
Contact us for your consultation. Learn about how orthodontic care can help you or a family member. Phone (630) 739-5500.
How braces from your dentists in Bolingbrook, Illinois can help you and your smile.
How much do you know about the benefits of braces? You probably already know they can make your smile more attractive, but did you also know they can make your smile healthier? In fact, there are many benefits when you choose to straighten your smile with braces. The dentists at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, Illinois offer comprehensive dental care services, including braces to help your smile.
These are just a few of the many benefits you will enjoy with a straight smile:
- Easier maintenance, because you will be able to floss your teeth much more easily because the floss won’t get caught between tight teeth
- Great oral health, because straight teeth don’t have difficult access points where plaque can accumulate
- Less chance of gum disease and bone loss around your teeth, because your teeth will be spaced and positioned correctly so your flossing and brushing will be more effective
- Less tooth wear, because correct alignment and positioning of your teeth means that your teeth will come together more efficiently when you bite down or chew
- Less stress on your jaws and less chance of TMJ problems, because the correct alignment of your jaws means less pressure on your jaw joint when you bite down
At Bolingbrook Dental Care, there are several types of braces to choose from, including:
- Conventional metal brackets and wires, which are the traditional type of braces
- Ceramic brackets and tooth-colored or clear wires, which provide a more discreet look
- Lingual braces, which are attached to the back of your teeth
You can also choose clear braces, which are appliances you can remove to eat and to clean your teeth. These appliances, known as aligners, are the most discreet way to straighten your smile.
There are many benefits to a straight smile. To find out more about the orthodontic process and how it can benefit you and your smile, call the dentists of Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, Illinois at (630) 739-5500. Call today.
Braces are key when it comes to improving a variety of dental issues, including poorly aligned jaws, crooked, crowded, and missing teeth, and/or bad bite. Drs. Rani Seeth, Prabha Singh, and Alina Huff provide their Bolingbrook, IL, patients with much needed orthodontic care to repair these issues.
More About Orthodontics
Orthodontics deals with jaw-and-teeth-alignment corrections. Children ages 7 to 14 are the typical clients because their facial structures are still developing, contrary to adults who need additional procedures because their faces have already fully developed structurally.
There are three types of braces used at your dentist's Bolingbrook office:
- Conventional braces which use metal strips or bands.
- Metal or plastic brackets cemented to teeth.
- Llingual braces which are brackets attached to the back teeth.
Orthodontic procedures, called orthodontia, are complex. The dentist performs a full examination. They'll check teeth visually and perform an x-ray on your head and mouth to ensure there aren't any urgent issues that need to be dealt with immediately.
You'll have custom braces made for you and visit your dentist regularly to have braces adjusted. This will go on until teeth are in their proper position and afterwards, your dentist will give you a retainer. This ensure teeth remain in the proper position.
What do braces improve in your oral health?
Braces are more advanced today than they used to be, making them more lightweight and easier to wear. The dental adjustments improve a person's smile, eliminating gaps in teeth and making them straighter.
When you use braces to fix dental issues, you improve your oral health hygienically. How? When crooked teeth are repositioned, this decreases the amount of food debris that gets stuck between teeth. Properly positioned teeth are easier to clean. Flossing and brushing aren't tedious and, when done right, protect your teeth against decay and gum disease.
Braces also improve a person's ability to speak properly, bite and chew food and prevent jawbone erosion that may occur due to misaligned teeth.
For more information about braces and orthodontics in Bolingbrook, IL, call Bolingbrook Dental Care at (630) 739-5500!
Are braces the right choice for you? Braces offer several benefits beyond the improvement in your appearance. Bolingbrook, IL, dentists Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff and Dr. Fatima Quadri of Bolingbrook Dental Care help you care for your smile with a variety of dental services and treatments.
Advantages of orthodontic treatment
An improved smile is the most obvious benefit of wearing braces. Orthodontic treatment in your Bolingbrook dentist's office straightens crooked teeth, enhancing your smile and improving your confidence level. Although the cosmetic change to your smile is important, braces offer a few other benefits you may not have considered, such as:
- Fewer Cavities: It can be difficult or impossible to remove plaque from overlapping teeth. Unfortunately, the longer the cavity-causing film remains on your teeth, the greater the chance of tooth decay. Braces eliminate overlapping areas, making it much easier to remove plaque when you brush and floss.
- Reduced Risk of Other Dental Problems: Crooked teeth or a bad bite can lead to other dental problems. If your teeth don't fit together perfectly when you chew, they may cut your lips or gums when you eat. A bite problem can also cause cracks or fractures due to increased stress, erode your tooth enamel or cause receding gums. Enamel erosion can make your teeth look yellow and also increase your risk of cavities. Braces correct common bite problems and help you avoid the consequences of misaligned teeth.
- Clearer Speech: You use your teeth, lips, and tongue when you pronounce words. If your bite is misaligned, it can be hard to speak clearly.
- Better Biting: Your bite problem can make it difficult to tear, grind, and chew foods easily. If your problem is severe, you may even avoid certain types of food, which may lead to nutritional deficiencies. Luckily, braces will correct your bite and make mealtime much more enjoyable.
Improve your appearance and your oral health with braces! Call Bolingbrook, IL, dentists Drs. Rani Seeth, Alina Huff, and Fatima Quadri of Bolingbrook Dental Care at (630) 739-5500 to schedule an appointment
Get the smile you’ve always wanted with a simple and clear orthodontic treatment.
Both teens and adults are discovering that they can finally close gaps in their smiles, fix crowded and overlapping teeth and a variety of other misalignments without ever having to wear metal braces. Our Bolingbrook, IL, family dentists, Dr. Rani Seeth and Dr. Alina Huff, are here to explain why you are never too old to get that straighter smile and how Invisalign could help.
Invisalign is one of the most popular clear aligner systems used to straighten teeth and you’re about to find out why. With Invisalign, you will never need to wear metal brackets or wires on your teeth. Instead, our Bolingbrook dentist will provide you with a series of custom-made aligners that are specifically designed to shift your teeth around until you achieve the results you want.
One of the most common questions we hear is, “How does Invisalign work?” It seems like a fair enough question because it is sometimes hard to imagine that these clear aligners are all that’s needed to fix a crooked smile. We are here to explain what goes into getting Invisalign treatment and how it could give you the straighter smile you want.
You will come in for a consultation where we will examine your smile and talk to you about your treatment goals to make sure they align with what Invisalign can offer. After all, this invisible orthodontic system can handle a variety of mild to more serious misalignments but it won’t be able to tackle all dental issues.
Once we deem you the perfect candidate we will map out your treatment plan and take images of your teeth to get the proper measurements. Of course, there are no messy and unpleasant putty molds taken of your smile. Instead, we will take a quick 3D image of your teeth and upload it to the computer.
Through special computer software, we will be able to map out each individual tooth movement to figure out which teeth need to move and just how much they will shift during the course of your Invisalign treatment. Once these movements have been mapped out they will be sent to an Invisalign-approved dental lab, where they will take time fabricating each unique aligner to fit your mouth.
Not only are aligners made from thin, flexible plastic rather than irritating and unpleasant metal but also these aligners are trimmed to fit your gumline so they will always offer a perfect and comfortable fit. Invisalign offers a discreet and more comfortable way for many older teens and adults to finally get the smile they’ve always imagined without those awkward months of metal braces.
If you are interested in getting Invisalign in Bolingbrook, IL, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with our dental team to find out if your smile is right for clear braces. Turn to Bolingbrook Dental Care for all of your dental needs.