Posts for tag: Braces
Are braces the right choice for you? Braces offer several benefits beyond the improvement in your appearance. Bolingbrook, IL, dentists Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff and Dr. Fatima Quadri of Bolingbrook Dental Care help you care for your smile with a variety of dental services and treatments.
Advantages of orthodontic treatment
An improved smile is the most obvious benefit of wearing braces. Orthodontic treatment in your Bolingbrook dentist's office straightens crooked teeth, enhancing your smile and improving your confidence level. Although the cosmetic change to your smile is important, braces offer a few other benefits you may not have considered, such as:
- Fewer Cavities: It can be difficult or impossible to remove plaque from overlapping teeth. Unfortunately, the longer the cavity-causing film remains on your teeth, the greater the chance of tooth decay. Braces eliminate overlapping areas, making it much easier to remove plaque when you brush and floss.
- Reduced Risk of Other Dental Problems: Crooked teeth or a bad bite can lead to other dental problems. If your teeth don't fit together perfectly when you chew, they may cut your lips or gums when you eat. A bite problem can also cause cracks or fractures due to increased stress, erode your tooth enamel or cause receding gums. Enamel erosion can make your teeth look yellow and also increase your risk of cavities. Braces correct common bite problems and help you avoid the consequences of misaligned teeth.
- Clearer Speech: You use your teeth, lips, and tongue when you pronounce words. If your bite is misaligned, it can be hard to speak clearly.
- Better Biting: Your bite problem can make it difficult to tear, grind, and chew foods easily. If your problem is severe, you may even avoid certain types of food, which may lead to nutritional deficiencies. Luckily, braces will correct your bite and make mealtime much more enjoyable.
Improve your appearance and your oral health with braces! Call Bolingbrook, IL, dentists Drs. Rani Seeth, Alina Huff, and Fatima Quadri of Bolingbrook Dental Care at (630) 739-5500 to schedule an appointment
Get the smile you’ve always wanted with a simple and clear orthodontic treatment.
Both teens and adults are discovering that they can finally close gaps in their smiles, fix crowded and overlapping teeth and a variety of other misalignments without ever having to wear metal braces. Our Bolingbrook, IL, family dentists, Dr. Rani Seeth and Dr. Alina Huff, are here to explain why you are never too old to get that straighter smile and how Invisalign could help.
Invisalign is one of the most popular clear aligner systems used to straighten teeth and you’re about to find out why. With Invisalign, you will never need to wear metal brackets or wires on your teeth. Instead, our Bolingbrook dentist will provide you with a series of custom-made aligners that are specifically designed to shift your teeth around until you achieve the results you want.
One of the most common questions we hear is, “How does Invisalign work?” It seems like a fair enough question because it is sometimes hard to imagine that these clear aligners are all that’s needed to fix a crooked smile. We are here to explain what goes into getting Invisalign treatment and how it could give you the straighter smile you want.
You will come in for a consultation where we will examine your smile and talk to you about your treatment goals to make sure they align with what Invisalign can offer. After all, this invisible orthodontic system can handle a variety of mild to more serious misalignments but it won’t be able to tackle all dental issues.
Once we deem you the perfect candidate we will map out your treatment plan and take images of your teeth to get the proper measurements. Of course, there are no messy and unpleasant putty molds taken of your smile. Instead, we will take a quick 3D image of your teeth and upload it to the computer.
Through special computer software, we will be able to map out each individual tooth movement to figure out which teeth need to move and just how much they will shift during the course of your Invisalign treatment. Once these movements have been mapped out they will be sent to an Invisalign-approved dental lab, where they will take time fabricating each unique aligner to fit your mouth.
Not only are aligners made from thin, flexible plastic rather than irritating and unpleasant metal but also these aligners are trimmed to fit your gumline so they will always offer a perfect and comfortable fit. Invisalign offers a discreet and more comfortable way for many older teens and adults to finally get the smile they’ve always imagined without those awkward months of metal braces.
If you are interested in getting Invisalign in Bolingbrook, IL, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with our dental team to find out if your smile is right for clear braces. Turn to Bolingbrook Dental Care for all of your dental needs.
Are you interested in knowing how your Bolingbrook, IL, dentists can help you with orthodontics?
Your dentists can offer you and your child the dental care you need. They can identify the problems your child is suffering from, create a custom plan according to what needs to be done and, finally, execute the necessary orthodontics.
Types of Braces:
- Conventional braces, which uses metal strips, or bands
- Metal or plastic brackets that are bonded to teeth
- Brackets that attach to the back teeth called lingual braces
- Invisalign, clear braces usually fit for young adults
What to Know About Braces
The purpose of braces is to fix a bad bite and malocclusions, which is when teeth are crooked or crowded. These issues are noticed between the ages of 6 and 12, so orthodontic treatment usually begins around the ages of 8 to 14, while the child's bone structure is still developing.
The duration of treatment varies from one person to another but can last up to 3 years. The braces move your child's teeth into their proper positions and, after your child no longer needs to wear braces, he or she will need to wear a retainer so their teeth don't shift back into their crooked positions.
Side Effects of Not Having Braces:
If you don't allow your Bolingbrook dentist to fix your child's bad bite, they may suffer from other severe problems:
- Extreme tooth decay that can lead to tooth loss
- The deterioration of tooth enamel and formation of gum disease
- Crooked teeth that can affect speech, chewing and bite
How to Care for Your Braces:
There are several things to take into consideration when maintaining your dental health:
- Avoid eating certain foods, such as popcorn, corn, sticky foods...etc.
- Make sure to wear a mouth guard if you're playing a sport.
- Don't skip your dentist's appointment to ensure braces are adjusted properly and there's no hard-to-reach plaque that can cause gum disease.
- Floss and brush your teeth after every meal, and make sure your child changes his or her tooth brush every 3 months or when the bristles are worn out or frayed.
For more information about orthodontics and the best options for your child, call your dentists in Bolingbrook, IL, at (630) 739-5500.
What your dentists in Bolingbrook, Illinois want you to know
Wearing braces can be intimidating. Those metal brackets and wires can form a barrier between your toothbrush and your teeth. Orthodontics doesn’t have to keep you from caring for your smile. Your dentists at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, Illinois want to share how you can keep good oral hygiene habits when you have braces.
First, it’s important to remember why you practice good oral hygiene. The goal of a good oral hygiene program is to eliminate the plaque clinging to your teeth. That’s because the plaque contains millions of harmful bacteria which produce toxins strong enough to destroy your soft tissue and your teeth.
Lack of good oral hygiene can cause tooth decay, gum and periodontal disease, gum recession, and stains and discolorations on your teeth. There’s nothing worse than having your straight smile covered up by a mouth full of problems.
You can avoid dental problems by practicing good oral hygiene. Remember to:
- Brush after eating and before bed. Consider investing in a sonic toothbrush. The pulsing action works well to remove and flush out plaque and debris in difficult access areas.
- Floss your teeth every day. Floss threaders or picks are necessary to floss underneath the wires.
- You can also use a fluoride rinse to protect your tooth enamel. Just remember not to rinse, eat or drink immediately afterward. Give the fluoride time to work.
No excellent oral hygiene program is complete without regular visits to your dentist. You should visit your dentist at least once each year for a full exam and x-rays. You should also schedule professional dental cleanings at least twice each year to maintain your oral health.
Keeping good oral hygiene when you have braces doesn’t have to be difficult. Thanks to modern tools like sonic toothbrushes, floss picks, and other aids, cleaning your teeth even when you have braces is easier than you think. For more information about oral hygiene, orthodontics and other restorative and cosmetic dental issues call your dentists at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, Illinois today!
Find out if getting braces from your Bolingbrook, IL dentists could improve the health of your smile.
Are you wondering whether your child is old enough to start considering braces? Are you an adult who has always wished that you had a straighter smile? It’s rare for people to be born with a straight smile, but luckily our Bolingbrook, IL, dentists make it possible to get the smile you want thanks to a little help from braces. Find out whether orthodontic treatment is right for you.
Wondering whether you or your child could benefit from braces? You may want to consider orthodontic treatment if:
- Baby teeth fell out too early or late
- You have difficulty chewing or biting down due to a misalignment
- Jaws are misaligned
- There is uneven spacing between teeth
- You have crooked teeth
- Your smile is crowded or if teeth overlap
While many misalignments are genetic, there are certain habits such as finger sucking, poor nutrition or decay that can also lead to bite issues. If there isn’t enough room in the jaws, teeth can often overlap or become crooked.
While early diagnosis is always key (children should visit our Bolingbrook, IL, general dentist for an orthodontic evaluation around the age of 7), this doesn’t mean that adults can’t also benefit from getting braces later on in life. In fact, no one is ever too old to get braces.
What are the benefits of braces?
While the most obvious benefit is a beautifully straight smile, what most people don’t realize is that braces can also improve your oral health. Teeth that are crowded or overlapping are often more challenging to clean properly, which means that you are more likely to develop decay. Bite problems that are left untreated can lead to wear and tear and even dental fractures and chips down the road. As you can see, braces are not only cosmetically beneficial but also could prevent oral problems from happening.
Are you ready to get braces in Bolingbrook, IL? If so, then we are here to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your smile. Call Bolingbrook Dental Care at 630-739-5500 today.