Posts for: September, 2020
How braces from your dentists in Bolingbrook, Illinois can help you and your smile.
How much do you know about the benefits of braces? You probably already know they can make your smile more attractive, but did you also know they can make your smile healthier? In fact, there are many benefits when you choose to straighten your smile with braces. The dentists at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, Illinois offer comprehensive dental care services, including braces to help your smile.
These are just a few of the many benefits you will enjoy with a straight smile:
- Easier maintenance, because you will be able to floss your teeth much more easily because the floss won’t get caught between tight teeth
- Great oral health, because straight teeth don’t have difficult access points where plaque can accumulate
- Less chance of gum disease and bone loss around your teeth, because your teeth will be spaced and positioned correctly so your flossing and brushing will be more effective
- Less tooth wear, because correct alignment and positioning of your teeth means that your teeth will come together more efficiently when you bite down or chew
- Less stress on your jaws and less chance of TMJ problems, because the correct alignment of your jaws means less pressure on your jaw joint when you bite down
At Bolingbrook Dental Care, there are several types of braces to choose from, including:
- Conventional metal brackets and wires, which are the traditional type of braces
- Ceramic brackets and tooth-colored or clear wires, which provide a more discreet look
- Lingual braces, which are attached to the back of your teeth
You can also choose clear braces, which are appliances you can remove to eat and to clean your teeth. These appliances, known as aligners, are the most discreet way to straighten your smile.
There are many benefits to a straight smile. To find out more about the orthodontic process and how it can benefit you and your smile, call the dentists of Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, Illinois at (630) 739-5500. Call today.