Posts for category: Orthodontics
Are braces the right choice for you? Braces offer several benefits beyond the improvement in your appearance. Bolingbrook, IL, dentists Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff and Dr. Fatima Quadri of Bolingbrook Dental Care help you care for your smile with a variety of dental services and treatments.
Advantages of orthodontic treatment
An improved smile is the most obvious benefit of wearing braces. Orthodontic treatment in your Bolingbrook dentist's office straightens crooked teeth, enhancing your smile and improving your confidence level. Although the cosmetic change to your smile is important, braces offer a few other benefits you may not have considered, such as:
- Fewer Cavities: It can be difficult or impossible to remove plaque from overlapping teeth. Unfortunately, the longer the cavity-causing film remains on your teeth, the greater the chance of tooth decay. Braces eliminate overlapping areas, making it much easier to remove plaque when you brush and floss.
- Reduced Risk of Other Dental Problems: Crooked teeth or a bad bite can lead to other dental problems. If your teeth don't fit together perfectly when you chew, they may cut your lips or gums when you eat. A bite problem can also cause cracks or fractures due to increased stress, erode your tooth enamel or cause receding gums. Enamel erosion can make your teeth look yellow and also increase your risk of cavities. Braces correct common bite problems and help you avoid the consequences of misaligned teeth.
- Clearer Speech: You use your teeth, lips, and tongue when you pronounce words. If your bite is misaligned, it can be hard to speak clearly.
- Better Biting: Your bite problem can make it difficult to tear, grind, and chew foods easily. If your problem is severe, you may even avoid certain types of food, which may lead to nutritional deficiencies. Luckily, braces will correct your bite and make mealtime much more enjoyable.
Improve your appearance and your oral health with braces! Call Bolingbrook, IL, dentists Drs. Rani Seeth, Alina Huff, and Fatima Quadri of Bolingbrook Dental Care at (630) 739-5500 to schedule an appointment
Find out if getting braces from your Bolingbrook, IL dentists could improve the health of your smile.
Are you wondering whether your child is old enough to start considering braces? Are you an adult who has always wished that you had a straighter smile? It’s rare for people to be born with a straight smile, but luckily our Bolingbrook, IL, dentists make it possible to get the smile you want thanks to a little help from braces. Find out whether orthodontic treatment is right for you.
Wondering whether you or your child could benefit from braces? You may want to consider orthodontic treatment if:
- Baby teeth fell out too early or late
- You have difficulty chewing or biting down due to a misalignment
- Jaws are misaligned
- There is uneven spacing between teeth
- You have crooked teeth
- Your smile is crowded or if teeth overlap
While many misalignments are genetic, there are certain habits such as finger sucking, poor nutrition or decay that can also lead to bite issues. If there isn’t enough room in the jaws, teeth can often overlap or become crooked.
While early diagnosis is always key (children should visit our Bolingbrook, IL, general dentist for an orthodontic evaluation around the age of 7), this doesn’t mean that adults can’t also benefit from getting braces later on in life. In fact, no one is ever too old to get braces.
What are the benefits of braces?
While the most obvious benefit is a beautifully straight smile, what most people don’t realize is that braces can also improve your oral health. Teeth that are crowded or overlapping are often more challenging to clean properly, which means that you are more likely to develop decay. Bite problems that are left untreated can lead to wear and tear and even dental fractures and chips down the road. As you can see, braces are not only cosmetically beneficial but also could prevent oral problems from happening.
Are you ready to get braces in Bolingbrook, IL? If so, then we are here to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your smile. Call Bolingbrook Dental Care at 630-739-5500 today.
Are you wondering how braces could benefit you and your smile?
You really can’t stand having a crooked smile anymore but you aren’t sure if you are ready to take the plunge to get braces. Maybe you think you are too old to get braces (we will let you in one a little secret: you’re never too old), or perhaps you just aren’t sure about all the advantages your smile will enjoy with braces. Our Bolingbrook, IL, dentists are here to tell you the benefits surrounding orthodontic treatment.
A Beautiful Smile
This is probably one of the most obvious benefits to getting braces. Crooked teeth, crowding and large gaps between teeth can leave a lot to be desired. You may find yourself less likely to smile because of your crooked or misaligned teeth. Just by getting orthodontic treatment in Bolingbrook we can fix your dental misalignments and get a straighter, more attractive smile.
A Boost in Your Confidence
The minute your braces come off and you get to see your brand new smile you’ll be floored at just how much it can improve your self-esteem. Imagine just how often you’ll find yourself smiling. You won’t have to feel self-conscious or embarrassed by your smile. What a great feeling!
A Healthier Smile
Did you know that having a straighter smile could also improve the health of your teeth and gums? Crooked, misaligned teeth create more crevices where bacteria can thrive and grow, which can increase your chances for decay and gum disease. By straightening your smile we not only improve the alignment of your teeth but we also eliminate some of these “crevices” that could harbor plaque.
A Healthier Jaw
When people think about their oral health they don’t often think about the health of their jawbone. Of course, a bad bite (also known as a malocclusion) can put excessive wear and tear on teeth (which can also cause teeth to chip or break) or lead to a TMJ disorder. By correcting your existing malocclusion we can improve your bite and prevent unnecessary wearing down of teeth.
Bolingbrook Dental Care is ready to help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. If you are ready to get braces in Bolingbrook, IL, then you want dentists that you can trust to provide you with the care and results you want. Call us today to schedule your consultation.