Orthodontic braces come in many shapes and styles. At Bolingbrook Dental Care, our dentists, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Prabha Singh and Dr. Manju Suresh, evaluate children, teens and yes, adults in the Bolingbrook, IL, area for orthodontia to improve smile aesthetics, oral function and dental health.
Your teeth, gums and jaw
They work together to create your facial appearance and allow you to speak, bite and chew. Regrettably, some people have crooked, gapped smiles, poor dental bite (malocclusion) and misaligned jaws that impact the health of their teeth and gums.
That's where braces come in. The American Association of Orthodontists says the optimal age for orthodontic correction is when the jaw and supporting tissue is most pliable--between ages seven and 14.
However, even adults can pursue well-aligned, attractive smiles with our talented team in Bolingbrook. We offer all kinds of modern braces, including metal, ceramic and lingual (tongue-side) braces. Plus, we cater to our very young patients with space maintainers and palatal expanders which leverage the fluidity of their jaws.
Problems treated by braces
Your evaluation at Bolingbrook Dental Care will pinpoint your smile alignment issues. Your dentist will customize a treatment plan to create the perfect--and perfectly healthy--smile.
Straight teeth really are easier to brush and floss, harboring far less plaque and tartar and avoiding tooth decay and gum disease. Also, proper dental bite and jaw function help eliminate the ear pain, migraine headaches, teeth clenching and enamel wear which result from crooked smiles. Even sleep apnea may improve when you correct dental alignment.
Also, treatment with dental braces avoids:
- Mouth trauma from a fall or sports injury (protruding front teeth put you at risk for oral lacerations and tooth fracture)
- Enamel chipping
- Speech problems
- Inability to close the lips completely
- Facial asymmetry
- Poor biting and chewing
Contact us about braces
At Bolingbrook Dental Care, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Prabha Singh and Dr. Manju Suresh value their patients' oral health and overall well-being. As such, they deliver orthodontic consultations in their Bolingbrook, IL, office. Also, they offer special pricing on full sets of braces.
Contact us for your consultation. Learn about how orthodontic care can help you or a family member. Phone (630) 739-5500.
Here are the many reasons people are saying “yes” to implants.
While there are many ways to replace missing teeth, more and more adults dealing with tooth loss are turning to our Bolingbrook, IL, family dentists Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Prabha Singh and Dr. Manju Suresh for dental implants. Wondering why dental implants have become the most popular way to replace missing teeth? Here are just some of the reasons why,
They Look and Feel Like Real Teeth
You’re going to be hard-pressed to find a tooth replacement option that looks and feels as close to the real thing as a dental implant. Since implants replace the entire tooth, from root to crown, you will feel fully confident being able to smile, chew, eat and talk without worrying about your implant. No one will be able to tell the difference either.
They Can Last the Rest of Your Life
The implant itself is placed into the jawbone where the titanium post fuses together with the jawbone. This makes it an incredibly long-lasting tooth replacement option that you’re more than likely never going to need to replace. Dental implants are for life, as long you maintain good oral hygiene and visit your Bolingbrook, IL, dentist every six months for checkups and cleanings.
They Support the Facial Structure
Untreated tooth loss can lead to jawbone loss, which in turn can cause the face to sag and lose its shape. It’s important to preserve your natural facial structure by providing your cheeks and bones with support. One of the best ways to do this is through dental implants. They can fill those spaces in your mouth and preserve your smile without affecting neighboring teeth. This can prevent sagging and premature wrinkles and lines from forming.
They Prevent Drifting Teeth
Another reason you’ll want to replace missing teeth is that you will need to fill those gaps in order to prevent natural teeth from shifting into those spaces. If you don’t place a dental implant or tooth in the missing tooth’s place, eventually the adjacent teeth will start to shift toward these openings. This can lead to further gaps between teeth, crowding and crookedness.
Are you interested in getting dental implants here in Bolingbrook, IL? Want to discuss whether or not implants are right for you? If so, call Bolingbrook Dental Care at (630) 739-5500 for an evaluation.
How braces from your dentists in Bolingbrook, Illinois can help you and your smile.
How much do you know about the benefits of braces? You probably already know they can make your smile more attractive, but did you also know they can make your smile healthier? In fact, there are many benefits when you choose to straighten your smile with braces. The dentists at Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, Illinois offer comprehensive dental care services, including braces to help your smile.
These are just a few of the many benefits you will enjoy with a straight smile:
- Easier maintenance, because you will be able to floss your teeth much more easily because the floss won’t get caught between tight teeth
- Great oral health, because straight teeth don’t have difficult access points where plaque can accumulate
- Less chance of gum disease and bone loss around your teeth, because your teeth will be spaced and positioned correctly so your flossing and brushing will be more effective
- Less tooth wear, because correct alignment and positioning of your teeth means that your teeth will come together more efficiently when you bite down or chew
- Less stress on your jaws and less chance of TMJ problems, because the correct alignment of your jaws means less pressure on your jaw joint when you bite down
At Bolingbrook Dental Care, there are several types of braces to choose from, including:
- Conventional metal brackets and wires, which are the traditional type of braces
- Ceramic brackets and tooth-colored or clear wires, which provide a more discreet look
- Lingual braces, which are attached to the back of your teeth
You can also choose clear braces, which are appliances you can remove to eat and to clean your teeth. These appliances, known as aligners, are the most discreet way to straighten your smile.
There are many benefits to a straight smile. To find out more about the orthodontic process and how it can benefit you and your smile, call the dentists of Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, Illinois at (630) 739-5500. Call today.
Teeth that are crooked or that don't fit together correctly make you feel less confident in your appearance. These kinds of dental issues also make it harder to keep your teeth clean. This can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. For this reason, visiting a dentist can help you improve your smile and oral health. If you need orthodontics services in Bolingbrook, consider scheduling an appointment with us. Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Prabha Singh and Dr. Manju Suresh provide a variety of orthodontic options at Bolingbrook Dental Care. Read on to learn about the services we offer.
If you have crooked teeth or teeth that don't fit together properly, consider getting braces. Braces straighten or move your teeth into the correct position, improving how your teeth appear and function. They do this by placing pressure on the teeth, gradually shifting them to the correct position. Braces are an option for children, teens and adults. They're made from metal, plastic or ceramic. Treatment typically lasts between one and two years.
Different Kinds of Braces
Traditional braces include brackets, wires and rubber bands. Other braces my be clear or white so that they are more difficult to detect. You can even get braces that are positioned behind the teeth.
Some people who need braces may be good candidates for clear, plastic aligners. These are clear, removable braces. Check with our dentists in Bolingbrook to determine which option is best for your specific needs.
Schedule Your Appointment
Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook can help you with a variety of issues regarding crooked or overcrowded teeth. Our orthodontic services can improve your appearance and help you enjoy better oral health. Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists by calling 630-739-5500.
Are you considering living with a gap in your smile rather than replacing your lost tooth? You shouldn't—even one missing tooth can change your appearance, inhibit oral functionality, and make life more difficult. Instead, dental implants offered by your Bolingbrook, IL, dentists, Drs. Rani Seeth, Alina Huff, and Prabha Singh of Bolingbrook Dental Care will help you avoid these common tooth loss consequences.
The Consequences of Tooth Loss
As soon as you lose one or more teeth, you may experience:
- Concerns About the Way You Look: A gap in your smile, whether it's large or small, may affect your confidence and self-esteem. If you feel uncomfortable with your new smile, you may find yourself avoiding social situations, or you might decide not to apply for the new job that you really want.
- A Change in Tooth Alignment: It's common for other teeth to shift after tooth loss. Unfortunately, as your teeth move, they may begin to overlap, affecting the alignment of your smile. Drifting teeth affect your appearance, complicate teeth cleaning, and can even change your bite in some cases.
- Difficulty Eating: Biting, grinding, tearing, and chewing food can become challenging after tooth loss. If you stop eating certain foods because chewing has become too difficult, you may face nutritional deficiencies that can threaten your health.
- Wear and Tear: Chewing on one side of your mouth only may seem like a good idea after tooth loss. Unfortunately, this practice can cause abnormal wear and tear on the teeth you use when you chew.
- A Weaker Jawbone: Your teeth roots play an important role in the strength of your jawbone. Without constant stimulation from the roots, the bone may begin to shrink. If shrinking is significant, the bone may not be able to support your teeth, and they may begin to loosen.
Dental Implants Can Restore Your Smile
Dental implants are small titanium posts that serve as the roots for your new teeth. After the posts are implanted in your jawbone, they are topped with dental crowns that replace the visible parts of teeth.
Before you receive your new crowns, the posts must bond to your jawbone, a process that usually takes three to six months. Crowns are made from an impression of your mouth taken during a visit to the Bolingbrook dental office.
Dental implants create brand new teeth that are firmly attached to your jawbone. They feel just like natural teeth and don't alter your biting power. Implants also keep your jawbone strong, improve your appearance, and prevent your teeth from shifting.
Don't let tooth loss change your smile forever! Call your dentists in Bolingbrook, IL, Drs. Seeth, Huff, and Singh of Bolingbrook Dental Care, at (630) 739-5500 to schedule your appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.