Teeth that are crooked or that don't fit together correctly make you feel less confident in your appearance. These kinds of dental issues also make it harder to keep your teeth clean. This can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. For this reason, visiting a dentist can help you improve your smile and oral health. If you need orthodontics services in Bolingbrook, consider scheduling an appointment with us. Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Prabha Singh and Dr. Manju Suresh provide a variety of orthodontic options at Bolingbrook Dental Care. Read on to learn about the services we offer.
If you have crooked teeth or teeth that don't fit together properly, consider getting braces. Braces straighten or move your teeth into the correct position, improving how your teeth appear and function. They do this by placing pressure on the teeth, gradually shifting them to the correct position. Braces are an option for children, teens and adults. They're made from metal, plastic or ceramic. Treatment typically lasts between one and two years.
Different Kinds of Braces
Traditional braces include brackets, wires and rubber bands. Other braces my be clear or white so that they are more difficult to detect. You can even get braces that are positioned behind the teeth.
Some people who need braces may be good candidates for clear, plastic aligners. These are clear, removable braces. Check with our dentists in Bolingbrook to determine which option is best for your specific needs.
Schedule Your Appointment
Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook can help you with a variety of issues regarding crooked or overcrowded teeth. Our orthodontic services can improve your appearance and help you enjoy better oral health. Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists by calling 630-739-5500.
Are you considering living with a gap in your smile rather than replacing your lost tooth? You shouldn't—even one missing tooth can change your appearance, inhibit oral functionality, and make life more difficult. Instead, dental implants offered by your Bolingbrook, IL, dentists, Drs. Rani Seeth, Alina Huff, and Prabha Singh of Bolingbrook Dental Care will help you avoid these common tooth loss consequences.
The Consequences of Tooth Loss
As soon as you lose one or more teeth, you may experience:
- Concerns About the Way You Look: A gap in your smile, whether it's large or small, may affect your confidence and self-esteem. If you feel uncomfortable with your new smile, you may find yourself avoiding social situations, or you might decide not to apply for the new job that you really want.
- A Change in Tooth Alignment: It's common for other teeth to shift after tooth loss. Unfortunately, as your teeth move, they may begin to overlap, affecting the alignment of your smile. Drifting teeth affect your appearance, complicate teeth cleaning, and can even change your bite in some cases.
- Difficulty Eating: Biting, grinding, tearing, and chewing food can become challenging after tooth loss. If you stop eating certain foods because chewing has become too difficult, you may face nutritional deficiencies that can threaten your health.
- Wear and Tear: Chewing on one side of your mouth only may seem like a good idea after tooth loss. Unfortunately, this practice can cause abnormal wear and tear on the teeth you use when you chew.
- A Weaker Jawbone: Your teeth roots play an important role in the strength of your jawbone. Without constant stimulation from the roots, the bone may begin to shrink. If shrinking is significant, the bone may not be able to support your teeth, and they may begin to loosen.
Dental Implants Can Restore Your Smile
Dental implants are small titanium posts that serve as the roots for your new teeth. After the posts are implanted in your jawbone, they are topped with dental crowns that replace the visible parts of teeth.
Before you receive your new crowns, the posts must bond to your jawbone, a process that usually takes three to six months. Crowns are made from an impression of your mouth taken during a visit to the Bolingbrook dental office.
Dental implants create brand new teeth that are firmly attached to your jawbone. They feel just like natural teeth and don't alter your biting power. Implants also keep your jawbone strong, improve your appearance, and prevent your teeth from shifting.
Don't let tooth loss change your smile forever! Call your dentists in Bolingbrook, IL, Drs. Seeth, Huff, and Singh of Bolingbrook Dental Care, at (630) 739-5500 to schedule your appointment.
You might benefit from orthodontic treatment if you have any teeth that are crooked, crowded, or spaced too far apart. Orthodontics can also correct bite problems, such as overbites or underbites. Not only can orthodontic treatment improve the appearance of your smile, it can also improve tooth functioning. At Bolingbrook Dental Care in Bolingbrook, our orthodontics team of Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Prabha Singh can discuss treatment options with you.
How Orthodontics Help
Orthodontic treatment can correct several types of problems with the teeth, including:
- Overbites, underbites, or crossbites
- Jaw alignment issues
- Gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
Some orthodontic concerns can cause discomfort. Correcting such problems with orthodontic treatment can lead to long-lasting relief. For example, a misaligned bite in which the top and bottom rows of teeth are not properly aligned tends to place additional tension on the jaw. This tension often leads to headaches and jaw discomfort. Correcting a misaligned bite through orthodontic treatment can alleviate the excess strain on the jaw so patients no longer experience jaw discomfort or headaches
Orthodontic treatment is also beneficial for helping you achieve better oral health. Teeth that overlap, are crooked, or crowded together are more difficult to clean. Bacteria and food debris can become readily trapped in spaces that are difficult to effectively reach with a tooth brush or dental floss. Lingering bacteria that have not been completely cleared away can lead to the formation of plaque and tartar, which can ultimately lead to gum disease and possible tooth loss. The straighter smile orthodontics can give you will be much easier to keep clean.
One of the most popular orthodontic treatments available is braces. Braces are a highly effective method for correcting a full range of orthodontic concerns, from crooked teeth to misaligned bites. Several types of braces are available, such as conventional metal braces, plastic braces, and lingual braces. We also offer space maintainers and other orthodontic options at our office in Bolingbrook, IL, for addressing different concerns.
Talk to one of our knowledgeable dentists about whether you need orthodontic treatment. There are many benefits to improving tooth positioning, spacing, and bite alignment. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Seeth, Dr. Huff, or Dr. Singh, our orthodontic experts, call Bolingbrook Dental Care at (630) 739-5500.
Check out the many ways in which our dental team can rebuild your smile after tooth loss.
Are you an adult who is missing one or more permanent teeth? If so, then you may be wondering what your options are and which one will align with the results you want. Our Bolingbrook, IL, family dentists Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Alina Huff and Dr. Prabha Singh has helped patients replace missing teeth and achieve beautiful smiles again with the help of these amazing tooth replacement options,
- Dental implants
- Fixed dental bridge
- Dentures (full or partial)
- Implant-supported dentures
From dental implants to dentures, our Bolingbrook, IL, general dentists offer a wide range of tooth replacement options that can be adjusted and tailored to your health, lifestyle and budget. We make your health our number one priority by helping you find the right restorative dentistry to give you the results you are looking for.
Wondering which option is ideal for you? While this is certainly something we can discuss during your consultation, here are some things to consider that may make the decision-making process easier,
- Dental implants have the ability to replace any and all teeth, not just a single missing tooth; therefore, whether you need to replace one or all of your teeth implants can still be a viable option for you.
- What teeth are you missing? Teeth in the front are obviously more visible than ones in the back, which can be a deciding factor as to which tooth replacement option is better suited. For example, fixed dental bridges may be the perfect solution for replacing missing teeth in the back while implants can be ideal for replacing front teeth.
- If you have healthy natural teeth remaining, partial dentures may also be an ideal solution for you, as crowns will be placed over the natural teeth to anchor your false teeth.
- Implants can also support dentures. So even if you have dentures already you could still turn to our dental team to get implants, which will hold your false teeth in place so they feel and function even more like real teeth.
Are you dealing with smile problems caused by tooth loss? Want to find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants? If so, our Bolingbrook, IL, dentists can provide you with the treatment and care you need for a healthier, more beautiful smile. Call Bolingbrook Dental Care at (630) 739-5500.
Have your old fillings crumbled over time? Don’t be distressed—it’s bound to happen. While your old silver fillings served you well, there are new options available from Dr. Prabha Singh, Dr. Alina Huff, and Dr. Rani Seeth here at Bolingbrook Dental Care of Illinois to resolve this issue.
The latest development in restorative dentistry, tooth-colored fillings are a great option, especially if your fillings are towards the front of the mouth. This will make your smile more appealing without the distraction of shinning metal fillings—read on to learn the advantages of this new restorative option.
So, What Exactly Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Made of resin-based materials, tooth-colored fillings are used to fill in dental cavities after removal of dental decay or old metal fillings. Depending on how much of the tooth needs restoration, the procedure may be accomplished in just one visit. However, if a large volume of tooth material must be replaced, a section can be made outside the mouth and later bonded to the tooth.
The best way to decide if tooth-colored fillings are right for you is to schedule a consultation with one of the dentists here at our Bolingbrook office.
What Tooth-Colored Fillings Can Do for You
In addition to their ability to fix issues such as tooth decay, tooth-colored fillings provide a number of advantages, including:
- They bear an uncanny resemblance to natural teeth, thus creating a seamless smile
- They are easily molded to match the structure of the surrounding teeth
- They are durable, fracture-resistant, and able to withstand chewing pressure
Need Dental Work? Give Us a Call
With the help of tooth-colored fillings, you can restore your natural tooth function and regain the ability to chew food and speak to others with complete confidence. To schedule an appointment with one of our dentists, contact Bolingbrook Dental Care today by dialing (630) 739-5500.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.